Years ago, I had the strangest dream. It was so vivid and clear, almost like watching a movie, I immediately woke up and wrote the story down, imagining it as a film. Below you will find my concept for a horror story set in my fictional ski resort town of Angelic Place, Colorado.
If you like what you read, leave a comment and tell me if I should finish the story. Okay, I’d be lying if I told you this was all I have for ‘Pour Toi’. More on this project, coming soon.
6 members of a church meet to discuss the excommunicating their priest. Each of them has their own motives, their own secrets, and reason for wanting him out.
- A woman whom no one knows is engaging in a secret affair with the priest.
- Thy soul shall lie in a bed of ice and pay the price.
- Two sisters. One selfish living off the expense of others. The other vain and prideful, demeaning to others.
- Thy soul is quiet within a shroud.
- For a soul of stone cannot listen and will be smitten.
- A recovering drug addict who steals from the church.
- Thy soul lies in a dormant fire.
- A man hoping to claim the church for himself. A self-proclaimed man of God. He seeks absolute power over the church.
- Thy soul shall lie in blood and knows no love.
- A youth caught in the midst by their father, not knowing their stance within the church. Naive and skeptical, he doesn’t know what to believe.
- Thy soul shall lie in life if one protects the will that makes it bright and do what’s right.
While having dinner at the church a heated argument ensues resulting in one of the members leaving.
When they return to the dinner table, they discover placement cards set before their seats. Their names are written beneath the words “Pour toi”.
Each member opens their card to discover a piece of a poem. Each stanza draws confusion, each person unaware of what they mean. But after the sudden and strange death of one of the members, they begin to realize that the cards hold clues to their impending doom. “It starts with you…”
The members are then trapped within the church as a mysterious force stalks and eliminates them one by one. The members are tasked with discovering the sequence of the poem, reading the clues, as to find the way to escape the force that has bound them within the church.
Meanwhile, the priest and his mistress continue their affair as the force now stalks them outside the church in order to bring their secret to the surface and bring about their demise.
The church is no longer a holy place. The priest is a fraud. The key members of his congregation are hypocrites who use the church for their own gain, oppressing anyone whom they dislike or deem unworthy.
It starts with you.
Thy soul lies in a dormant fire.
Waiting to ignite in the presence of spite.
With the rejection of life and all that’s right.
Thy soul is quiet within a shroud.
With beauty one may be proud.
But turn thy cheek with a heart so foul,
you shall face your likliness and know such ugliness.
For a soul of stone cannot listen and will be smitten.
If thy ignores the truth and refuses to glisten,
Thy rejects the light.
Thy soul shall lie in a bed of ice and pay the price.
The ones that remain may be tempted to stand and fight.
Know now that this is not your strife.
Thy soul shall lie in blood and know no love.
Head this plea as you look to the heavens and all above.
Know this simple truth.
Atonement lies within the heart.
Thy soul shall lie in life if one protects the will that makes it bright and do what’s right.
That’s where forgiveness begins and darkness ends.